Saturday, May 9, 2009

Another soccer update

Hey all - this weekend, I'm trying to kick the life out of a portfolio I have to get done for MA teacher accreditation, so it doesn't look like you'll get much out of me in the way of blog entries. But I do have a moment to just tell you this: Today, Janneke took Q to his soccer game while I stayed behind and took T to a birthday party. That is to say, no Papi at the futbol. And the results?

Janneke says he kicked heinie. Lots of good, aggressive moves, three shots on goal (none scored, though one, according to teammates standing there, should have been counted), hard-nosed play against an older team that played a very physical game. Great news.

Bad news, if what I want to do is watch - but great news in terms of his development.

T had no problems at the birthday party. She had me stick around for twenty minutes or so, then stuck her head out the back door of the house and shouted, "GO AWAY NOW, DAD!"

So there you have it. Neither kid wants me around - and both are probably better off for it. At least in these particular situations.

Back to portfolio-bustin'...

No comments: