Monday, May 12, 2008

The Closer

There is news on the baseball front. Here it is, in filmic form:




Janneke received her graduation robes today. The college buys them for tenured faculty, and they are very swanky. She showed them to the kids just before bed tonight. It was a very nice, proud, strangely anticlimactic thing to see her in front of the mirror, adjusting them.

T had a birthday party Saturday, which left her wiped out:



But she recovered for Sunday, when she presented her Mother's Day present:



Terrible picture, but I love her early-morning hair in it.

Q also handed over the goods to a grateful Mami:



I got her something too. Don't think I didn't. It was a shirt, which I thought would suit her very well, and had even spied out what size shirt she wears. P after P after P after XS after XP, fer cryin' out loud. And then a 1 turns out to be too small. So I got no smooches of appreciation. Just grumbling sarcasm and the odd bird flipped my way, pretty much right up 'til now. There is absolutely no justice in the world, I tell you.

Except in baseball.

No comments: