Saturday, November 1, 2008

October 25: The Movie

So last week, when Q played his game, I got a lot of footage, and without really knowing how good it was, I decided to also film the kids carving pumpkins. And when I had all that filmed, I thought, "I should just make a movie about the whole damn day." So I kept filming, and here it is. Probably only diehard fans of Q and T will stick it out through the whole thing. But maybe not - the music is interesting. It's all from the CD that we listened to in the car to and from Great Barrington - an hour ride in each direction, so we got to know it pretty well. The whole video is too long to fit as just one, so I've broken it into two. Here's part one:



And here's part two:

2 comments:

Jayne Swiggum said...

I watched both videos from beginning to end. The soccer stuff was kind of lost on me, but I watched it regardless. I liked the "alligator purse" bit the best.

Christian said...

It is worth noting that Penny enjoyed the videos immensely this morning. Afterwards, she pulled out the Lady With The Alligator Purse and insisted on my reading it 5 times. Per the soccer stuff, I enjoyed the slo-mo moments and textual commentary. . . both plays were impressive, but I was most impressed with the "near-goal" . . . not only because the "near-goal" copy was hilarious, but because the instructive pauses in the editing were perfectly captured: Quinn surveying the situation, drawing the defender in, blowing by him, delivering the perfect pass. That not only some "Grade A" soccer, that was some "Grade A" film making. Congrats.

Oh, and Quinn seems so mature in these videos. . . those were not the plays, or pumpkins, or piano of a tentative young man . . . (sounds like someone is ready for the World Championships of Four Square . .. )