Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Quick Sketch

Q and T were watching "The Santa Claus 2" this past Sunday morning. (Sundays, T picks a DVD to watch, and despite the presence in the house of the only-recently-screened "Free Willy", she went with this old standby.) There came a part where Tim Allen begins to woo the (female) principal of his son's school, and T called out, "Oh, I love this part!"

Q's voice was filled with righteous indignation. "I HATE this part!"

"But, Q! This is the part where they fall in love!"

"I KNOW!", he cried, even louder. "That's why I hate it!"


"But, Q: Some day, you will have a wife!"

A pause of a couple of seconds, and a low rumble from Q:

"Maybe."

2 comments:

Jayne Swiggum said...

Perhaps Quinn will have a spouse (as in your case) or perhaps he will not (as in my case). I'm hoping that he will. Regardless, it was a pretty cute exchange.

Christian said...

Speaking of Sunday movies. The wife and I were watching Uncle Buck the other night, and wouldn't you know it, the younger daughter (opposite McCauly Culkin) in the movie is the spitting image of Tess (though not as cute). Worth a revisit of the movie if you haven't seen it in some time, or some You Tube investigation. (If you haven't seen the movie, it's good/ok, saved really only by John Candy's fantastic presence.)