Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Lamest Post Ever

Or close to it, anyway. But I wanted you to know: I still care. Just not that much.

T is in the living room, doing some post-ballet-practice coloring. They give her a new letter and calendar for every month, and she has a binder where she keeps it all. She goes every Tuesday at 3:15 - too early for me to make it back, unfortunately. So Mami takes her, and I hear about it afterwards. I took her once, to the very first time, and wound up sitting on the sidelines with her on my lap, claiming shyness, for 98% of the lesson. She finally felt sufficiently confident to join them when they were saying goodbye. It was only a 30-minute lesson, but I have to say, that's longer than I prefer to be sitting in dirty socks on a folding chair at the edge of a dance floor.

The lessons are held at Pine Cobble School, a local private K-9 school where our friend Danny teaches. From what I understand, it's pretty pricey, but I'm not sure where the money goes. The facilities are a little bit run-down. But the teacher is enthusiastic, and the little helper girls are nice. T hasn't quite gotten the same rapport with them as she used to have with Carly, the girl who helped out at tumbling, but she enjoys the whole concept of dance more, I think. Always comes home chipper, anyway.

I am waiting out the few minutes I have before I go to drive Q from the Youth Center to soccer practice. Q had his debut as a pianist last night - they had "A Little Night Music" at the elementary school. It was a pretty informal soup-and-crackers get-together with students who play instruments performing for everyone in a somewhat free-flowing format. Q played "Bugle Boys" - Here's a link to video that Ronadh shot of it:

http://madmonster.williams.edu/misc/Q.MPEG

We were not exactly on the ball, multi-media wise. Probably at least partially due to the fact that I was sick all day yesterday. I bugged out on a faculty meeeting and came home to sleep before going to pick up T and go to Q's recital, then hit the hay minutes after putting them to bed. And had fevered dreams about those weird domesticated foxes. Anyone who's run into me in the last three days has been regaled with that whole business - so I'd just like to take this opportunity to say: I'm sorry. I swear, I do have other things to talk about.

Like how cute my kids are. Nobody ever gets sick of that! Here's a picture I took tonight - Q and I were on the couch at bedtime, and I was massaging his calf, which was sore for some reason:



Or how nice our family is. I accidentally uploaded this one while trying to upload the one above, and thought to myself: "The world must know...!"



So there you have it. Lamest blog post ever. Hey, like I always say about this rag: It's worth every penny.

No comments: