Thursday, October 16, 2008

Landslide

Is what we'd see if Q or T were ever to run for President. As evidence I submit Q's essay, with which he returned home from school today:

"Me for President

"I am thoughtful. I'd stop Hummers and give poor people money. I am adventurous because I like to find countries and stop wars that are happening. I'm creative. I'm creative because I will build a tree making machine. I'm very fair. Very very fair because if I were president, I would give half of my money to the poor. I'd think that I propably be ELECTED!"

Not sure what the actual assignment was, and I don't think I want to know. I'll just imagine him sitting at the computer on his own during his free time and banging that out because the spirit moved him.

T, meanwhile, is a little diplomat herself. As I was perched on the edge of the stairs behind our couch, stretching my calves (those of you who have been to our house will be able to picture this - those who haven't: What are you waiting for, exactly?), T and I had a chat, she standing just in front of the couch, waiting for story time to begin. As she looked at me, she said, "Papi, vos me haces pensar en Brad. Tu cara." (Dad, you remind me of Brad. Your face.)

I said, "Quien es mas guapo?" (Who's more handsome?)

T smiled and immediately said, "Vos!", nodding as if it were obvious.

I pushed it a little farther, not quite knowing why. "Y quien es mas feo, entonces?" (So, who's uglier, then?)

She messed up her face in an utterly inimitable Tie squirm, pulling her chin in and sending the midpoint of her eyebrows up to her hairline. "Yo no quiero decir eso!" (I don't want to say that!)

So there's your ticket. Q for President, T the running mate. She has more experience than Sara Palin, anyway.

3 comments:

Jayne Swiggum said...

Who is Brad?

mungaboo said...

Choir director, used to live across the street from us. Husband of Betsy, father of Mae and Wilder. Once tried to kill me.

Jayne Swiggum said...

I was at a loss since Brad-and-Betsy is the name I know. It's funny how you married people become one name -- Joe-and_Janneke, Jim-and-Sara, Jess-and-Steph. I shall forever be "just Jayne".